TACTILE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC.
TACTILE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC SEATTLE, WA email@example.com
"Building Community Through Touch"
Tactile Communications is committed to maximizing the autonomy of DeafBlind people by providing necessary training in a linguistically and culturally appropriate setting. Our aim is to give DeafBlind people the tools they need to become active, productive members of society and in doing so, to improve the quality of their lives.
We provide training using the Pro-Tactile approach in the following areas:
1. Braille proficiency and computer access via Braille display and/or Braille Note
2. Language and communication skills: Training in TASL
3. Adaptive Strategies: Proficiency in a range of adaptive strategies for daily tasks such as cooking and cleaning; as well as training for community living such as how to use SSPs and interpreters effectively.
4. Orientation and Mobility: Learning how to travel safely and use public transportation
5. What do you need? Please contact us for any specialized service you feel would make an impact for you!